Lil Sprouts Kid's Club
Lil’ Sprouts Kid’s Club 2019 Class Guidelines
Swan River Gardens is proud to present the 11th year of Lil’ Sprouts Kid’s Club. These are classes designed for kids who are interested in gardening or want to learn more about the beauty and art a garden can provide.
- Classes are designed for kid’s ages 4-12 years old.
- Class fee is $10; this is to cover our class materials. The class fee is non-refundable.
- There is a limit of 20 kids per class. Be sure to sign up early!
- Classes are about 1 hour long.
- Parents are encouraged to help their Lil' Sprout.
- Since classes are held both inside and outside, the kids need to be dressed appropriately for the weather. Our Sprouts get dirty sometimes too so leave the good clothes at home!!
Lil’ Sprouts Kid’s Club 2019 Class Schedule
April 27th 10:00-11:00 am (Saturday)
A Candy Dish for Our Lil’ Feathered Friends
It’s a Bird, it’s a Plane...no wait…It’s Sprout time and we are going to make it a “Sweet” one!!! That’s right folks, we are going to honor our Great Earth and re-use items to construct “Sweet Nectar” Hummingbird Feeders for our fast flying feathered friends in the garden. This will be a humdinger of a good time so sign up today!
May 18th 10:00-11:00 am (Saturday)
Personalized Pizza Garden
Dean Martin said it best, “When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amore”! That is just what the Lil’ Sprouts “Chefs” will love about this class. Yep, our Lil’ Sprouts will don their Chefs Hats to plant up a garden herb pizza pie. This class is sure to be love at first bite!
June 22nd 10:00-11:00 am (Tuesday)
Spilled Paint Flower Pot
Don’t cry over “spilled” paint in this class. The Sprouts will purposely spill paint all-over their upside-down terra cotta clay pot to make this one of a kind creation. With a little help from gravity and a lot of paint, they will create a cool effect to be loved by all. No paint brushes are required in this class! Now, let’s get to spilling and let the paint do its thang!
Open House Weekend
Ready, Set, Grow!
Our Annual Spring Open House is the first weekend in May. This is the time when we are bursting at the seams with the finest plants the Flathead Valley has to offer. Our season’s early crop of perennials, herbs, vegetables and pansies has never looked better. The outside nursery yard is full of a variety of Trees and Shrubs ready for any landscape project. And our Bulk Yard is fully stocked with soils, compost and mulches. Enjoy yummy refreshments and specials galore. Come put some spring in your step and explore all that Swan River Gardens has to offer!
2019 Dates Coming Soon!
That's right, you can have a Swan River Gardens Custom Container for a Do It Yourself Price!
What to bring?
- Empty containers and a willingness to get dirty!
- Plan ½ hour per container.
We will provide:
- Guidance from our Swan River Gardens Experts.
- A specialized work area to create your fabulous containers.
- All the Glacier Gold Professional Growers Blend potting soil needed to fill your containers.
- And, a top dress of Osmocote Fertilizer to feed the hungry beast!
Sign Up Today to Reserve your Spot!
- Registration is Required.
- Space is limited.
- A Non-Refundable Deposit of $10 due at the time of sign up.
- Your $10 deposit fee will be applied to your plant purchase on the night of the event only.
- Final cost will depend on the amount of plants used!
Rewards For Shopping At Swan River Gardens
Whenever you visit Swan River Gardens don’t leave without your Swan Bucks! Swan Bucks are the official currency of smart Swan River Gardens shoppers and backed by your hometown garden center! For every $10 you spend you will receive a Swan Buck redeemable during special Swan Buck Seasons.
When Swan Buck Seasons are announced you will be able to spend Swan Bucks as dollar for dollar matches for annuals, hanging baskets, perennials, shrubs and trees. If you want a $20 plant you can use $10 in Swan Bucks and pay only $10 out of pocket! What a deal!!!!
Swan Bucks never expire and can be saved year to year.
The Swan Buck Season for annuals runs July 1st to July 15th . The Swan Buck Season for perennials runs August 1st to August 15th and the Swan Buck Season for shrubs and trees runs September 1st to September 15th. Be sure to watch highway sign and social media for announcements of Swan Buck Seasons.