Please download our application below. Simply print and fill out the required information, you can then return it in person at our stores location, send it through snail mail to 175 Swan River Road Bigfork, Montana 59911 or E-mail to email@example.com All applications will be placed on file and reviewed whenever we are looking for staff.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to drive/maintain manual transmission vehicles and operate/maintain nursery equipment (Bobcat skidster, Kabota Tractor, Toro Dingo, Boxer and other landscape related equipment). Plus have the ability to pull and back a trailer along with the knowledge to load nursery equipment safely onto the trailers.
- Able to follow directions from landscape designer and have the skills to read landscape plans. Must be capable to work as a team and have excellent communication with landscape designer on progress and job schedule.
- Strong knowledge of plant material and proper planting technique is essential. As well as, experience in irrigation, hardscape and elevation installation and maintenance are necessary.
- Must have ability to coordinate job activities, materials needed for the job, train and oversee the landscape crew all while completing high quality work from start to finish on a tight schedule.
- Capable of completing paperwork of materials and hours worked on the specific landscape job. Plus, have the ability to perform simple mathematical functions, square footage, volume, linear footage and convert those measurement into materials needed for the specific landscape project.
- Must have superior judgment, sound problem-solving skills and capable of effectively directing several crew members at once.
- Ability to uphold professionalism while representing Swan River Gardens when on a job site. Including the ability to converse politely and respectfully with the customer. Plus, ensuring company practices and conduct are followed by all crew members.
- Must have the capacity to walk extensively, lift/move heavy objects (leverage 80+lbs and carry up to 50lbs) and to bend over repeatedly.
- Must have a valid MT drivers’ license and clean MVR and will be required to follow all Montana traffic laws.It's hard work and long hours (springtime) while being fun and rewarding. If you're considering working at Swan River Gardens to learn about gardening and plants we guarantee you'll gain much knowledge in a short amount of time.